Bees and wasps are a nuisance to have around and give many homeowners anxiety about the possibility of getting stung. In reality, bees rarely are a danger to people. Even large swarms of bees will keep to themselves and tend to leave people alone as long as they are not bothered. On the other hand, wasps can be a little more aggressive and should be dealt with as soon as you notice them. Bees’ nests can be left alone as long as they are outside of your home. If a nest or swarm gets inside, however, the bees should be dealt with right away.
As a homeowner, there are some steps you can take to help with bee & wasp control.
- Make sure to keep the vegetation around your home trimmed, since thick vegetation is ideal nesting ground for bees.
- Keep flowering plants around your property to a minimum.
- Pick up fallen fruit from fruit trees.
- Keep trash in a sealed garbage can and rinse out soda cans or other sweet beverages and foods before throwing them away.
- Don’t leave food and drinks lying out and accessible at outdoor events. Keep them covered.
Bee & wasp control is especially essential if anyone in your family is allergic to stings. Don’t wait to call the professionals if you notice bees or wasp making a home on your property. The longer nests go undisturbed, the larger the population grows and becomes more difficult to deal with.
Some bees’ nests can be dealt with by the homeowner if they feel comfortable doing it, but we always recommend calling our professionals to handle wasps’ nests. Wasps are more aggressive, and if provoked, can cause serious injury.
Here at Total Pest Solutions, we are equipped to handle your needs for bee & wasp control. We want to keep your property safe for you and your family.